To our friends and listeners who travel Highway 210 between Brainerd and Ironton daily – or ever – GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is excited to announce all lanes will reopen on Highway 210 by noon, TODAY, Oct. 3rd!!!!
The detour on Highway 210 has been in place since July. However, motorists who travel through the area are reminded it takes a full day to open the road and remove the detour, so be alert of changes! Watch for heavy moving equipment and removal of temporary signs and barricades. The mini-roundabout in Deerwood will also be removed.
Mainline work operations began between the Crow Wing County landfill and Ironton, then moved west of the landfill towards Brainerd. The $6.2 million Highway 210 improvements include:
- Reconstructed 11 miles of road surface with a long-life, full-depth reclamation process between Pine Shores Road in Brainerd and Seventh Avenue in Ironton
- Repaired and replaced underground drainage
- Added left-turn lanes at Crow Wing County Road 25, County Road 147 and County Road 59
- Reconstructed the Highway 210/County Road 12 (Deerwood shortcut) intersection to improve sight distance, turning movements and extending turn lanes
- Added bypass lanes at the Mississippi Northwoods entrance and Sploezens Road
The entire project is expected to be complete by Oct. X and will improve the ride, safety, and access along the busy stretch of highway, carrying 11,000 vehicles per day.
MnDOT thanks the local communities for their patience during this improvement project.