The Brainerd Lakes Community Job Fair is happening on Wednesday, April 3rd at Central Lakes College.
If you are looking for a job in the Brainerd Lakes Area, there’s no better place to be on Wednesday than Central Lakes College. The event is happening from 10 am – 2 pm and is open to anyone needing a job or a job change. Over 60 businesses will be in attendance.
Some tips to get the most out of job fairs include:
- Be Prepared – Research the companies that will be at the job fair so you know what they do and where you might want to work
- Dress for Success – Dress for a job fair as you would for a job interview
- Introduce yourself and be prepared to give your “Career Pitch” – Summarize in a few sentences what skills you can bring to the employer and what experience you have
- Bring Copies of your Resume – You can bring multiple resumes that are custom tailored to different positions that you are interested in
- Be Enthusiastic – Even if you are nervous, remember to smile and keep a positive attitude
- Ask Questions – Employers are looking for candidates who are truly interested in their company
- Collect Business Cards – As you wrap up the interview with the recruiter, thanking them for their time, ask for a business card so you have the recruiter’s full name and contact information