Years ago, the arrival of winter in the lakes area meant everything came to a halt. There were no events planned.
That is not the case anymore! Every weekend through the first weekend in March this year, there is an event happening in one of our area communities. From 5k’s to polar plunges, to ice fishing, fireworks and more, there are many fun events for the whole family.
Here is a list of events that I have found. You can google these or look them up on Facebook to find out more.
- Ice Fest at Breezy Point, January 7th
- Back to Hack, Hackensack, January 13-15
- Antique Snowmobile Rendezvous in Pequot Lakes January 20-21
- Jaycee’s Ice Fishing Extravaganza, January 28
- 48th Annual Lumberjack Jaunt, Northland Arboretum, January 28
- Winterfest in Crosslake February 2-4
- 19th Annual Cuyuna Lakes Chamber Ice Fishing Contest and Scorpion Home Coming on Serpent Lake, February 4
- Bobber Bocce on Ice, Pequot lakes, February 11
- ICE Fest Ice Carousel, Green Prairie Fish Lake, February 11-12
- Nisswa Winter Jubilee, February 17-19
- Fishing for Ducks, Garrison, February 18
- Gull Lake Frozen Fore, February 24-26
- Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics at Breezy Point, March 4th
- Ice Tee Open, Moonlight Bay, Crosslake, March 4th
- 49th Annual St Patrick’s Day Parade, Crosslake, March 18
I may have missed a couple, so if you know of a winter event coming up, let us know about it.
Meanwhile, let’s get out and enjoy winter!