First, we want to thank everyone who has already donated to the Stuff A Bus initiative as we try to help students and teachers across our area get the school and cleaning supplies needed for this school year that has been rocked by a pandemic.
So many of you have already donated money and items, as I saw when I took a trip to one of our participating business partners, Lonesome Cottage Furniture Company in Pequot Lakes. Thank you, THANK YOU!
The initiative continues and we still need help.
If you have not yet donated and CAN, please help the kids and teachers get these supplies. Due to COVID-19, students are not allowed to share their supplies so the need is greater as each student and teacher needs to have “their own stuff.” As a mom who has been blessed to be working during the entire pandemic (and my husband has, too), I had to purchase nearly $80.00 worth of back-to-school supplies for my only child – a 2nd grader. I CANNOT IMAGINE what it was like for parents who may have lost jobs or hours (and income) and had even one, much less MORE than one child to purchase for. Please help these kiddos get the items they will need to learn this year!
Items or monetary donations, which will support the ISD in their respected area, can be dropped off at Lonesome Cottage Furniture Company in Pequot Lakes (ISD 186), 2 Tall Tavern in Lincoln (ISD 2170), Todd Wright’s Country Financial office in Pillager (ISD 116) or at Cub Foods in Brainerd or Baxter (ISD 181). Donations will be taken through Friday, October 16th.
You can visit this station’s website for more information.
- The items needed include:
- Reusable water bottles
- Pencil boxes
- Dixon Ticonderoga pencils
- Crayola crayons (24 packs)
- Black dry erase markers
- Facial tissues
- Disinfecting wipes
- Wide-ruled, one subject notebooks
- Ziploc sandwich baggies
- Ziploc gallon bags
- Glue sticks
- Primary colors sets of washable markers
- Plastic two pocket folders with prongs
- Double A batteries
- Non-latex disposable gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- 3×3 post-it notes
- Wide-ruled composition notebooks
- Watercolors paints
- Winter hats, gloves, scarves
- Scissors (safety and pointed)
- Boys and girls underwear in sizes 44-12
- Kid size face masks
- Kid size gym shoesAgain, thank you to all who have donated already. Your generosity is appreciated more than you know!