Well tomorrow is the election day across the country, and I encourage everyone to get out and vote. Polling places open at 7am and close at 8pm here in Minnesota. If you are new to voting , or haven’t voted in awhile here are some things you will need to know.
Where is my polling place?
What do I need to bring with me?
If your voter registration is current and active, you do not need to bring identification. This means you were successfully registered at least 21 days before Election Day and you have not moved or changed names since then. If you need to register or update your registration, or you have not voted in four years or more, you will need to show proof of residence before you vote.
What are rules of the polling place?
- Do not enter polling place unless authorized
- Do not campaign in or near the polling place
- Do not wear campaign materials
- Do not initial or sign you ballot, or mark it with a sticker.
- Taking photos is discouraged.
Again, cannot stress enough get out and vote. I find it to be a rewarding and fun experience! Happy election day!